SoapBox is a collaboration app for people leaders who share our belief that good communication between the manager and employee is the most important factor in the success and motivation of their team. We help by making one-on-ones, team meetings and getting ideas and feedback more productive.
We are looking for a passionate and talented individual to join the team as a Sr. Software Developer, Platform. This is an engineering position based in Toronto, Canada reporting to the Director of Engineering. If you develop clean and concise code that performs well, thrive in a team environment, hold yourself to the highest standards of integrity, and you want to make a serious impact at a scrappy tech company, then SoapBox is the place for you!
- Collaborating with team members on Architecture & technologies to rapidly build new & improve upon existing features for the API of SoapBox’s platform
- Being proactive on eliminating bugs & inefficiencies in our software
- Mentor up and coming Developers, sharing your knowledge & absorbing something new from your teammates
- Work with the Product team to scope future and current projects
- Ensuring our platform is prepared for 100x growth
- 5+ years experience working professionally in web app development
- Experience investigating and improving web applications for performance and reliability issues
- Experience with relational databases and MySQL
- Object Oriented Programming experience and knowledge of MVC design patterns.
- Experience with build tools
Great to haves:
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with PHP Laravel or Symfony
- Experience in startup environments
- Familiarity with Agile Development, Unit Tests and Continuous Integration
- Experience in helping a software scale from hundreds to millions of users
Why work with us?
- Be part of a fun, dynamic, collaborative team. No, really… we have a team handshake. This is our company and we make it our own
- We’re all about making work awesome for our customers, and we try every day to make that a reality at our office too
- Have tons of autonomy and responsibilities – the only thing that matters are results
- Extraordinary office space in King West area of Toronto
- Competitive salary, stock options, huge potential for professional growth, flexible work hours, company outings, retreats and clubs, and paid vacation
We know that an awesome attitude and hard work go a great distance in accomplishing goals. If you think you do not have the exact experience for this position, but are close, please apply. We are not looking for people to “fit” our company, we are looking for people to add and enhance our company through different perspectives, viewpoints, and backgrounds. One of our core values is to “Let the Best Idea Win” and we truly feel that in order to find the Best Idea, we need a diverse range of ideas.