Software Engineer, Platform
At SoapBox we’re building a future where it’s easier for businesses to listen to their employees than to ignore them – resulting in an engaged, high performing workforce. We are looking for a passionate and talented individual to join the team and see this vision through. This is a junior-intermediate engineering position based in Toronto, Canada reporting to the Director of Engineering.
You would be responsible for building core features of our Platform. You’ll be working on a team of high quality developers in a fast paced agile environment, where every feature you build significantly benefits the company and our clients. You may occasionally interact with our customers through meetings and support requests. This role requires you to build REST APIs, engineering for performance on a wide variety of platforms and browsers. Successful candidates will work closely with the front-end and integrationengineering teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features.
If you develop clean and concise code that performs well, thrive in a team environment, hold yourself to the highest standards of integrity, and you want to make a serious impact at a scrappy tech company, then SoapBox is the place for you.
- One to two years experience working professionally in web app development
- Experience investigating and improving web applications for performance and reliability issues
- Experience with relational databases and MySQL
- Object Oriented Programming experience and knowledge of MVC design patterns.
Great to haves:
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with PHP Laravel or Symfony & MySQL
- Experience in startup environments
- Experience with build tools
- Familiarity with Agile Development, Unit Tests and Continuous Integration
Why work with us?
We have been named “an emerging technology company to watch” by the City of Toronto, won the inaugural Great Places to Work award for Small Businesses and are working with best in class clients from around the world, including: BMO, Coca-Cola, and Indigo Books & Music.
- Competitive salary
- Phone credit
- Stock options
Apply at email@example.com with a resume, github account name, and links to your work online.